HINTS AND TIPS
USES FOR GERO YOGHURT:
- As is, to replace a meal, e.g. breakfast
- With fruit or cereal
- A snack or a light meal
- A salad dressing over fresh fruit or veggies or over dried fruit
- A dip for veggies
- A marinade for meat
- A sauce over baked potatoes
- In soups or baked dishes
- An ingredient in frozen desserts
- A pudding or dessert
- To replace buttermilk or milk in health loaves to give a moist texture
- In drinks or smoothies
- In mouses
HINTS TO USE GERO IN COOKING
- Take care not to allow the mixture to boil. Excessive heat will cause yoghurt to curdle.
- To reduce the chances of curdling, allow the yoghurt to reach room temperature naturally removing it from the refrigerator before adding it to warm mixtures.
- Add 5 ml cornflour per cup of yoghurt to stabilize the mixture while cooking. Mix maizena or cornflour with a little water before adding it to the warm mixture and cook for 3 minutes while stirring.
- Yoghurt can also be added at the end of the cooking period after removing it from the heat; mix into the mixture and serve immediately.
- Yoghurt gives any bakes, bread or cake a moist texture. Replace the buttermilk in your favourite health bread recipe with with Gero and see for yourself.
- Replace 50% of the liquid in cakes with Gero yoghurt and you will be a domestic goddess.
- Drain Gero plain yoghurt overnight in a sieve lined with cheesecloth (thin fabric) and use the yoghurt as a cottage cheese replacement. Use the drained liquid in a smoothie because it is full of protein, nutrients and probiotics.