Hints to use gero in cooking
- Take care not to allow the mixture to boil. Excessive heat will cause yogurt to curdle.
- To reduce the chances of curdling, allow the yogurt to reach room temperature naturally removing it from the refrigerator before adding it to warm mixtures.
- Add 5 ml cornflour per cup of yogurt to stabilize the mixture while cooking. Mix maizena or cornflour with a little water before adding it to the warm mixture and cook for 3 minutes while stirring.
- Yogurt can also be added at the end of the cooking period after removing it from the heat; mix into the mixture and serve immediately.
- Yogurt gives any bakes, bread or cake a moist texture. Replace the buttermilk in your favourite health bread recipe with Gero and see for yourself.
- Replace 50% of the liquid in cakes with Gero yogurt and you will be a domestic goddess.
- Drain Gero plain yogurt overnight in a sieve lined with cheesecloth (thin fabric) and use the yogurt as a cottage cheese replacement. Use the drained liquid in a smoothie because it is full of protein, nutrients and probiotics.